Friday, September 7, 2012

To be compassionate isn't as nice as it sounds.

Hello,

I have always wondered why i cared so much for others because i was always the one getting hurt.
Recently,  "My boyfriend" was acting differently which meant that he stopped communicating with me. I am away at college and I have always said "I can't do long distance relationships." Well go figure I try to have one.
Before i left for college we would communicate by text, through phone calls or when we saw each other at church and church events. So we would talk everyday. Every one knew i was going back to college so we planned for what we would do when i wasn't in range anymore. Well.......That didn't happen. The communication stopped  not as soon as I got back to college but like a week later.
That's the back story for this blog posting, So i wondered why i cared so much, why i do more than others do, why do i feel as if i am pulling teeth to get him to talk to me when it wasn't a challenge or thought before i left. (I have felt like this for years even during childhood but i recently was fed up enough to see what or why.)
I searched this website (http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/spiritual-wisdom-secular-times/201106/compassion-really-hurts) and found out that i am compassionate.
This (Which i didn't know) means "to suffer" usually pain emotionally, physically or both. I am like so because i care, i have to be in pain and i can't get rid of it? I am born to be a compassionate person? This hurts! But God knows who can handle what and who can't.
The lord must be holding me and guiding me through because there are many times when i wanted to throw in the towel,when i have but i always end up picking the towel back up again because without it i don't feel right.
I am one who can be stepped on many times and still find a way to make you smile.
I have be lied one by my best friend and still be friends with them.
I have been looked down at, but i give you a reason to move on.
I have been laughed at....many times
I have been Judged by those who are super close to me, knew me for years.
I have had a Bruised heart. ( God has it so it can never get broken )
I have been misunderstood
But GOD said my child can handle this for i am with her.

I do smile in a room full of sad people and change the atmosphere
I Laugh out loud in an empty hallway and Hear others in there room laugh back
I Can make any situation peaceful
I will dance in the face of negativity
I know how to put out a fire of sadness
I am cheerful when no one else is and they walk away cheerful as well.
I can do all things through Christ! 

So compassion isn't easy but noone ever said it would be. :)

What are your thoughts, questions and lovely encouraging comments to me or others.
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment